Vocabulary

Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday February 29, 2016

Today's Learning:
- Grade 6 guest presentation about book gifts and D.E.A.R. time this week
- Gym: gymnastics: balance, travel, strength and stretches
- D.E.A.R. 15 minutes of uninterrupted individual reading
- Class meeting: what kinds of questions do we ask?  how are we recording the different kinds of questions we are asking during school time? how can we ask "thinking" questions? reviewing our tally marks on the board
(desk/seating plan change)
- Literacy Centres - word families, nouns/pronouns/verbs/proper nouns, animal classification, word formation, student/teacher word recognition
- D.E.A.R. - 15 minutes of uninterrupted individual reading
- Health - new projects - Topics: fire prevention, first aid, pedestrian safety, bike safety
- Ipod reward time for 'pom pom jar'
- Math - warmup: which number doesn't belong? working in paris to solve the problem

Ask me:
- to show you the book I received today
- who my health project partner is and what our topic is (fire prevention, first aid, pedestrian safety, bike safety)
- where I sit now, after our desk change
- how I spent my REWARD TIME on the iPods
- to show you how I used the virtual math manipulatives

Reminders:
March Newsletter notice sent home with youngest student
Pizza forms for lunch on March 16

No comments:

Post a Comment